This short tutorial describes how to get started easily and quickly with Java EE 6 development. For the purpose of this tutorial you would need to have installed the following tools:
1. Maven 3
2. JBoss AS 6.0
3. Eclipse (I will use Helios release)
4. Eclipse m2eclipse plugin (for managing Maven based projects)
If you have all this tools ready, you can quickly create an maven J2EE archetype provided by JBoss.
5. Click ‘Finish’
6. Right click on the newly created project and select ‘Run As.. -> Run on Server’ and select Jboss 6.0 server to run your project. If you haven’t configured your jboss server with eclipse you can do it here.
What you will see is probably the error saying:
This is due to the bug in the j2ee weld artifact.
8. To solve the mentioned bug, open up home.xhtml file located in ‘scr/main/webapp/’ folder and change the following line:
10. Now you can refresh the application in the browser.
Leave a Reply
No Releated Posts